There’s something magical about a pretty Thanksgiving table. So whether you’re bringing your Thanksgiving gathering outside this year due to COVID-19 or keeping it indoors, this Thanksgiving table decor will make your celebration feel extra special and your pecan pie taste a little sweeter.
This Thanksgiving table decor features lots of green, gold, black and white decor – and creates a classic, elegant look you can count on year after year. Pulling everything together is also incredibly simple for the big day.
How to recreate this Thanksgiving table – for indoors or outdoors!
Here’s what you’ll need for a beautiful Thanksgiving centerpiece and elegant table settings:
– Gold charger plates
– White plates
– Soft gray or beige cloth napkins
– Black satin ribbon
– Gold flatware
– Greenery. We used this eucalyptus garland that we love. If you prefer, you can also use fresh eucalyptus or other greenery of your choice.
– Gold candlestick holders
– White candlesticks
– Large pumpkins and mini pumpkins (we used white miniature pumpkins and these black and gold glitter pumpkins we found at Kirklands – but you can use whatever pumpkins you have and love!)
If you stop right here, you have all you need for your Thanksgiving table decor! But you may wish to add some additional items you have on hand. We used cement acorns we found at a furniture market (these are almost identical!) a lantern draped with a wood bead garland, and a buffalo check plate we found at Pier 1. Feel free to incorporate additional items you already have – like a pretty pitcher or pinecones from your yard – to add more texture and height.
Preparing your Thanksgiving table place settings
Once you’ve gathered everything you need for the place settings, go ahead and put them together in advance to save yourself a step on the day of Thanksgiving!
Just 3 simple steps to get your table settings ready:
1. Stack your white plates on top of your chargers.
2. Arrange neatly folded napkins on the plates and top with your gold flatware, crossing the fork and knife over the spoon in the center.
3. Secure your napkin and utensils with black satin ribbon.
Decorating your Thanksgiving table
Now, it’s time for the fun part – decorating the centerpiece!
- Drape your greenery across the length of your table.
- Space your candlesticks out, using them to secure your greenery in place.
- Arrange your pumpkins and any additional decorative items around the candlesticks. You can follow a zig-zag pattern or simply play around until it looks right to your eye!
- Put your completed table settings in place.
That’s it! Thanksgiving table decor done.
Extra credit Thanksgiving ideas:
To dress up your outdoor space even more for your celebration, we recommend stringing some twinkle lights above your Thanksgiving table (we love these), have a basket of blankets on hand for guests, and put together a quick bar cart!
Cheers, y’all! We hope your Thanksgiving celebration is one for the books!
If you liked this look, check out our cozy fall fireplace tutorial. It’s an elegant fall fireplace that’s perfect for Thanksgiving – and with just a few tweaks, it’s ready for Christmas!